This is development version of Anki deck for training ear (brain) to recognize musical concepts –
intervals, scales, chords.
Generally are different types of cards, for instance:
- chord notes played arpeggio, recognize which chord it is
- chord played, recognize which chord it is
- base note play, produce (whistle) the arpeggio
As I have understood, the learning is improved by focused voluntary work, hence the
third card type to let the user try to sing (whistle, play on kazoo) the interval.
My 1 cent recommendation would also be to make some helping mnemotechnics for
hard things (part of song with the interval, etc).
Initial Testing Info
For the initial testing, I am interested in any form of feedback on the deck, e.g.:
- sound quality
- card ordering
- information on cards (too much? too few?)
- instructions on the front card
I already know about these issues:
- The order has much to be improved.
Download Joe's Ear: Intervals, v0.2 (updated 1.3.2017)
I recommend to use mobile app; the linux version at least does not have the
"play sound" icon for the multimedia, which is a major pain.